Privacy Statement – Updated June 12, 2015
This Privacy Statement explains what types of information The Final Transition Conference and Illuminated Partners, LLC (“TFT,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) or our service providers may collect from or about visitors to, or users of, our websites or applications (“you”), and describes our practices for collecting, using, retaining, protecting, disclosing, and transferring such information.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information and other information collected by TFT or our service providers from or about you when you (i) register for a conference (including mobile applications) that display or link to this Privacy Statement, or (ii) open and respond to our emails. Unless otherwise specified, this Privacy Statement does not apply to any other products or services or to information collected in any other way (whether online or offline) or for any other purpose.
What Personal and Other Information Does TFT Collect?
TFT or our service providers may collect personal information and other information from or about you when you:
- Register for an event
- order products from our websites,
- request information,
- subscribe to marketing or support materials,
- respond to promotional campaigns,
How Does TFT Use Your Information?
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “personal information” means information that can be used to personally identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, billing and transaction information, credit card or other financial information, contact preferences, and similar information. TFT may use information that we collect from or about you, including any personal information:
- to welcome you,
- to help you complete an event registration transaction or in order to deliver products or services requested by you,
- to bill you for products or services you purchased,
- to provide ongoing service and support, including event-related communications,
- to carry out our obligations or enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us,
- to notify you about changes to our websites or applications, or any products or services we offer or provide through them,
- to improve our websites, applications, services, and products, including by developing data analytics and reports about your and others’ use of them,
- to contact you to complete surveys that we use for marketing or quality assurance purposes,
- to email or otherwise send you marketing or other promotional information about TFT or others’ products or services that may interest you,
- to combat fraud or any other criminal activity,
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information,
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information,
- as otherwise required or permitted by law, and/or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
To assist us with the uses described in this Privacy Statement, information we or our service providers have collected from or about you through TFT websites, applications, or our email communications with you, including about your use of such websites and applications, may be combined with or enhanced by other information from or about you that we have obtained from other online or offline sources, including from our service providers or business partners.
Collection of Information Using Cookies and Other Online Tracking Tools
With Whom Does TFT Share Your Information?
TFT contracts with third-party service providers to deliver certain products and services. Examples of such services provided on our behalf are mail registration processing, processing payments, sending emails on our behalf, and product fulfillment. TFT may share your personal information with its service providers and suppliers to the extent necessary to deliver the product or service you requested, respond to your requests for information on products or services, or otherwise support your business needs. You will not have the opportunity to opt out of having your information shared with these third-party service providers and suppliers for these purposes, and they may contact you directly in connection with such purposes. We may also disclose your personal information and other information, including across country borders:
- Third-party service providers and suppliers receiving personal information are expected to maintain privacy and security protections that are consistent with TFT’s privacy and information security policies. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally intended or as required or permitted by law. However, unless otherwise dictated by law or agreement, TFT is not responsible for any improper use by such parties.
- We may disclose information that does not identify any individual (e.g., anonymous, aggregated data) without restriction.
- TFT’s websites or applications, including third-party applications, may provide online forums or blogs, for our users. Any information that you disclose in these forums becomes public information, which could be read, collected, copied, modified, or otherwise used by other users of these forums, operators of these forums (including third parties), search engines such as Google, and others to send you unsolicited messages, identify you, index and display your postings in search results, or for other purposes. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. To request removal of your personal information from our forums, contact us by completing the TFT Contact form. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know and explain why. We do not have access to or control over the information posted on a third-party application. To learn how a third-party application uses your information, please review their privacy statement. You are solely responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums or blogs. For testimonials, we provide a choice as to whether a user posts his or her personal information along with the testimonial. If you wish to make the request that your testimonial be removed, you may contact us by completing the TFT Contact form. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your testimonial, in which case we will let you know and explain why.
- to share data about web visitors with third-parties for the third parties’ own analytics, reporting, or general advertising purposes,
- to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement or government request, or other legal process,
- to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings,
- if TFT determines in its good faith judgment that such disclosure is necessary to provide its services or to protect the rights, interests, safety, or property of its business, employees, suppliers, customers, or others,
- to enforce the terms of any agreement with TFT,
- to combat fraud or other criminal activity,
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information,
- as otherwise required or permitted by law, and/or
- with your consent. Unless permitted by relevant laws, TFT will not share, sell, trade, or lease your personal information to or with others except as provided for in this Privacy Statement.Your Marketing Choices. Your decision to provide the personal information that we may request from time to time is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the personal information requested, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested.Your Access to Your Personal Information. EMC strives to keep your personal information accurate. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personal information. To request access to, or correction, deletion or removal of, your personal information, follow the applicable instructions below depending on which website or service is at issue. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if required or permitted by applicable law. We will respond to requests for access within 30 days.
Links to Non-TFT Websites and Third Parties
Security of Your Personal Information
Your California Privacy Rights
Social Media and Refer a Friend
Children Under the Age of 13
- TFT websites and applications are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on our websites or applications. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or application, or on or through any of its features, register on the website or application, make any purchases through the website or application, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website or application, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us by completing the TFT Contact form.
- Our websites or applications may include social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, and widgets, such as the ”share this” button. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our websites or applications. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing them.
- If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by TFT to its affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email with your first name, last name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number by completing the TFT Contact form. Please include “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line of your email.
- TFT has implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. When you provide us with credit card information via an TFT website or login credentials on the PayPal platform, we will encrypt that information via SSL
- TFT’s websites may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access those links, you will leave the TFT website. TFT does not control these third-party websites or their privacy practices, which may differ from TFT’s. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. The personal information you choose to provide to unrelated third parties is not covered by the TFT Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statement of any entity before submitting your personal information.
- Our Retention of Your Information. We will retain your personal information for as long as your registration is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your registration or account, or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services, contact us by completing the TFT Contact form. Even after we cancel your account or cease using your personal information to provide you services, we may still retain, use, and disclose your information as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, ethical, or document retention obligations, and any request to delete your personal information is subject to these obligations and restrictions.
- You can unsubscribe or choose not to receive promotional materials from TFT (or from specific divisions or subsidiaries) by following the specific instructions in the email or other communication you receive or by notifying us via the appropriate method(s) described below depending on which website or service is at issue. It may take a reasonable period of time to process your request, but no longer than 30 days for direct mail and telephone promotions and 10 business days for email or text promotions. In countries where TFT is required to do so by law, TFT will offer you the opportunity to provide your opt-in consent before promotional materials are sent, or promotional calls are made, to you. This will not apply to service communications that are considered part of certain TFT services, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the applicable service. To opt out of receiving marketing emails from a third-party partner, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in the email or other communication you receive from the partner or contact the partner directly. To opt out of having TFT share your personal information with a third-party partner for their own marketing use, please contact us by completing the TFT Contact form.