The Final Transition Conference has qualified through the University of Arizona College of Nursing/ Continuing Nursing Education to provide CNE credits. To obtain these credits you will need to view the package of 8 accredited videos from the conference and complete an assessment and evaluation provided by the College of Nursing. The steps are outlined below. Please read the following information carefully before continuing.
Program Purpose – The purpose of The Final Transition Conference’s Continuing Nursing Education Program is to provide healthcare providers with the background and resources to discuss end-of-life issues with patients and families.
- Identify the best and most current end-of-life resources to satisfy individual patient and family needs and comfort levels
- Distinguish appropriate strategies for grief and end-of-life counseling opportunities for individual patients and their families
- Apply end-of-life insights and research from the conference presentations to real-world clinical situations
CNE Credit Claims: In order to earn 8.78 contact hours of Continuing Nursing Education for this conference, you must:
- View all CNE eligible conference presentations (click the Go to Videos button above). Note that once you have rented the package, you will have up to 30 days to complete the viewing of all 8 videos.
- Complete the CNE comprehension assessment and evaluation (click the Go to Assessment button above AFTER you have viewed all of the videos)
The eight accredited video presenters are:
- Betsy McGregor, MD
- Cynda Rushton, PhD, RN
- Sharon Murfin
- Barbara Dossey, Phd, RN
- Pim van Lommel, MD
- Larry Dossey, MD
- Peter Fenwick, MD
- Stephen A. Schwartz
Please note that once this assessment and evaluation is submitted, a certificate of completion will automatically be generated on the new webpage. Print this certificate for your own records or select the text on the certificate of completion screen, copy it, and save it to a file on your computer. The University of Arizona Continuing Nursing Education unit is unable to archive these automatically generated certificates of completion. However, if you have an issue with this process, UA CNA staff can manually generate a certificate of completion for you upon verification of attendance and evaluation completion.
Contact Information: If you need support with anything related to the CNE components of this conference, contact The University of Arizona Continuing Nursing Education Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accreditation Statement: University of Arizona Continuing Nursing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Arizona Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Disclosures: All planners and presenters have no relevant financial relationships to declare.